In this article
A guide to adding a second layer of security when a user logs into their Permutive project.
This feature is only available in projects that have migrated to the updated Permutive dashboard. If you see your email address in the upper right-hand corner rather than you are on the updated version. If you see your project name instead, you have yet to migrate to the updated version.
Two-factor authentication provides an additional layer of security when logging into your Permutive project. When two-factor authentication is enabled, users must enter their username and password, and a one-time verification code.
Users can decide to enable two-factor authentication for their own account via the “Account Settings” section.
You can configure your Permutive project to send the one-time verification code in the following ways:
- via an authentication app which generates a time-based token (for example Google Authenticator, 1Password, or Authy)
- via SMS
Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication
1. Navigate to 'Account Settings' by clicking on your name where it appears in the upper right-hand corner
2. Under '2FA setup', select the method you wish to use to receive your verification code
Please follow the below steps if you have chosen app-based authentication:
1. Download an authentication app
Note: We recommend Authy
2. Once you have selected 'App-based authentication', click 'Continue' and a QR code will appear:
3. In the authenticator app on your smart device (we will use Authy in this example), select 'Add Account' followed by 'Scan QR Code' when prompted.
4. Once you have scanned your QR code, you will be given a 6-digit verification code
5. Enter this code in the Permutive project under the QR code and click 'Verify Code'
Once this has been set up, every time you log into Permutive you will be prompted (after entering your email and password) to enter your verification code from your authenticator app.
Note: If you are using Google Authenticator, your Permutive verification code will always be found there, and a new 6-digit verification code will be generated every 30 seconds to maximize security.
After you select 'SMS-based Authentication', please follow these steps:
1. Select the correct country code and enter your mobile phone number
2. You will shortly receive a 6-digit verification code via SMS to the mobile number that you entered in step 1
4. Enter this verification code into the Permutive platform and click 'Verify code'
Once this has been set up, every time you log into Permutive you will be prompted (after entering your email and password) to enter your verification code which you will quickly receive via SMS.
Tip: You can change your authentication method at any time by navigating to 'Account Settings' and selecting 'Reset two-factor authentication'
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing email@example.com or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.