In this article
A guide to viewing and adding alias identities in the Permutive Dashboard.
All events in Permutive are tracked against users and users are allocated a unique Permutive ID automatically when using the API or SDK. However, it is also possible for publishers to assign a user a custom ID (identity) in addition to the Permutive ID. By identifying users, publishers can track user events across devices.
The core endpoint is the
identify endpoint which enables a publisher to pass in a list of tagged, prioritized identities, allowing them to identify users in multiple ways.
To learn more about User Identities and Aliases, please see the page **Syncing User Identities.
View/Add Identifiers for a Workspace in the Dashboard
To view the identifiers in a workspace, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Workspace Dashboard
- On the left hand side, select ‘Settings’
- At the top, select the last tab ‘Identifiers’
For enterprise workspaces, child workspaces will have an additional column in view to show where an identifier was inherited from if it is from a parent workspace.
To add a new identifier, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Dashboard > ‘Settings’ > ‘Identifiers’
- Select ‘Add Identifier' (both the red and the green buttons work)
- Add the distinct tag for the identifier. Select OK and it's done!
For deletion of identifiers, and for all other questions, please email email@example.com