In this article
A guide to viewing and adding alias identities in the Permutive Dashboard.
All events in Permutive are tracked against users, and users are allocated a unique Permutive ID automatically when using the API or SDK. However, it is also possible for publishers to assign a user a custom ID (identity) in addition to the Permutive ID. By identifying users, publishers can track user events across devices.
The core endpoint is the
identify endpoint, which enables a publisher to pass in a list of tagged, prioritized identities, allowing them to identify users in multiple ways.
To learn more about User Identities and Aliases, please see the page Syncing User Identities.
View/Add Identifiers for a Workspace in the Dashboard
To view the identifiers in a workspace, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Workspace Dashboard
- On the left-hand side, select ‘Settings’
- At the top, select the last tab ‘Identifiers’
For enterprise workspaces, child workspaces will have an additional column to show where an identifier was inherited from, if it is from a parent workspace.
To add a new identifier, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Dashboard > ‘Settings’ > ‘Identifiers’
- Select ‘Add Identifier' (both the red and the green buttons work)
- Add the distinct tag for the identifier. Select OK and it's done!