In this Article
An overview of the solution and the steps required to get set up with Standard Cohorts for Demand Partner Activation.
Permutive has partnered with trusted SSPs to help you further monetize your audiences at scale. As we build infrastructure for the responsible era of digital advertising, we have continued to expand opportunities for you to connect to growing buy-side demand partners, including SSPs.
Within the Audience Platform, it is now possible to connect & enable trusted SSP partners on your Standard Cohorts in order to unlock incremental demand across their advertisers & demand sources, all while maintaining control and ensuring your data and inventory are never decoupled.
Standard Cohorts in the Audience Platform
Standard Cohorts are interest-based publisher cohorts that can be generated automatically for you within the Audience Platform, based on your first-party data. They use consistent, standardized behavior inputs and map to IAB Audience Taxonomy 1.1.
You can already make Standard Cohorts available to individual Audience Platform advertisers that you have a relationship with. Now, you can also make Standard Cohorts available directly to trusted SSPs to source new demand & revenue from them.
- Unlocks demand across trusted SSP partners and their respective advertisers, in addition to the demand from Permutive-connected advertisers seeking privacy-safe & publisher-permissioned audiences.
- Protects publisher data & value via robust controls on publisher-siloed data, therefore preventing the decoupling of data from inventory.
- Streamlines indirect demand for upsell opportunities on direct buys via custom offerings.
- Provides consistent & transparent audience definitions for buyers seeking sustainable alternatives to dwindling Open Marketplace offerings.
- Protects user privacy with a publisher cohort-based approach to targeting, just like all publisher cohorts built via Permutive.
At any time, you can opt-in or out of Standard Cohorts for any particular SSP, and choose which Standard Cohorts to offer.
How to enable Standard Cohorts for Demand Partner activation
To allow an SSP on the Audience Platform to transact on Standard Cohorts, there are two required steps - see below. These steps should be carried out by someone who owns/is responsible for managing your organization’s Standard Cohorts.
Current SSPs available:
- Org ID: e33d8baa-e928-42f8-ab37-8abdd5328767
- Bidder Code: openx
- Org ID: ad4f2c94-b966-4a42-b842-9dcef69afc7d
- Bidder code: pubmatic
- Org ID: a22e614b-2010-4b46-a76a-d1689117a7c5
- Bidder Code: trustx
Step 1: Update Permutive RTD Submodule:
Note: This step is only necessary if your Permutive RTD Submodule is not already updated to include the intended SSP(s).
As a reminder, this submodule reads cohorts from Permutive and attaches them as targeting keys to bid requests. A publisher must use this module if it is to enable an SSP’s demand on Standard Cohorts.
For an SSP to receive permissioned Standard Cohorts, you must include the SSP’s bidder code in the acBidders array within Permutive’s RTD Submodule configuration.
As an example, if an intended SSP was PubMatic, you would add (pubmatic) into the acBidders field. Once this is complete, any permissioned Standard Cohorts (see next step) can be sent to the SSP’s bidder.
Step 2: Add SSP as a connection
In order for a designated SSP to receive your Standard Cohorts, a connection needs to be established within the Audience Platform. This ensures that your Standard Cohorts are never made available to an Audience Platform buyer without your consent.
- If you are responsible for managing your organization’s Standard Cohorts, visit the Connections tab in the Platform and Click '+Add Connection'
- You will then be prompted to enter an organization ID. Select the designated SSP organization ID from above, and enter the ID.
- To the right of ‘Standard Cohorts’, toggle the switch on so that it turns green.
- Click 'Create'. The SSP’s name will now be visible in the list of available connections. Your enabled Standard Cohorts are now permissioned for Demand Partner activation by the SSP.
- To review the Standard Cohort taxonomy in full, select Standard Cohorts on the left-hand side of the page. Here, you have controls to make individual cohorts available or unavailable. Click the ‘Active’ toggles to opt-in, on a per-Cohort level. You can use the same toggles to opt individual cohorts out again. If you would like to opt-in to all your Standard Cohorts, we can do this on your behalf upon receipt of your written instruction.
Note: Only Standard Cohorts can be permissioned to SSP Demand Partners at this time. This means that other cohort types & options (Matched/Modeled Cohorts, Insights) are not available via this channel.