In this article
A guide to incorporating Cohort Exit and Cohort Entry activity into cohorts.
What is Cohort Transition?
The cohorts that a user enters and/or exits when they perform a pageview are included in the single PageviewComplete event. This event also contains engagement information and is triggered at the completion of the pageview or after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Cohort Entry occurs when a user performs a behavior that causes them to fit the criteria for one of your cohorts.
Cohort Exit occurs when a user no longer meets the criteria for a cohort of which they have been a member.
How To Use Cohort Transition in Cohorts
Cohort Entry and Exit can be used in cohort building to target users who have performed a certain set of actions and either do or do not belong to another one of the cohorts you have built in your project.
See this article for a guide to basic cohort building: Creating Audiences
Example: Target users who have read three articles about shoes and belong to your Luxury Shoppers cohort
To incorporate Cohort Transition into your cohorts, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to 'Custom Cohorts' and click '+ Add Cohort' to open the cohort builder
2. Click either 'OR' or 'AND' under 'Behaviour' depending on the cohort you want to build
3. Select 'Cohort Transition' from the menu that appears
Tip: If you want to build a cohort based only on cohort transition and no other events, you can delete the first behaviour function that appears by clicking the 'X' in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Select whether you want to cohort by users who have entered or left a specific cohort, or have not entered or left a specific cohort.
5. Select the cohort you want to include from a drop-down menu
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.