In this article
Advertisers/Clients may ask you to ingest their first-party segments to use as second-party data for analysis of for use on a campaign. To set this up, ask the advertiser/client to follow the steps in this article.
Set-up in LiveRamp
Note: The client must have a LiveRamp Connect account already set up.
1. Navigate to the "Out" tab on the left hand side
2. Select "+ New Destination Account"
3. Search for "permutive" and select "Activate"
4. Three options will appear, please activate the "Permutive 1P Onboarding" tile
5. Fill in the details and press "Continue", review the configuration and press "Finish"
End Date May 19, 2020 (can be removed altogether)
Advertiser Name Cadburys
Permutive Project ID 4a1d-b5-4h4j-bjklb4345-438b5 (your Permutive Project ID - found in Settings)
Destination Account Name PublisherAccount/Permutive - 05/19/2020
6. Choose the segment you'd like to send over and select "Add to Distribution"
The segment will be delivered to the Permutive platform within 3 days
Ingestion by Permutive
When your client has confirmed they have sent their first-party segments, please contact email@example.com to let our team know so they can keep you updated on the progress of the ingestion.
Once the segments have been received by Permutive, they will take up to 3 days to ingest (providing there are no errors in how the data has been sent by the client).
Creating Segments with Second-party Data
Once our support team have confirmed the segments are available:
1. Navigate to the 'Segmentation' > 'Segments' tab in the Permutive dashboard
2. Select '+ Add Segment'
4. Set up any first-party rules
5. Choose '+OR/+AND' and then 'Second party'
6. Search for and select the relevant second-party segment
7. Save the segment
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.