In this article
A guide to setting up and running campaigns in Twitter using Permutive Cohorts
Twitter allows you to run custom audiences, and target promoted tweets at these audiences.
With our Twitter integration, you can pass Permutive Cohorts over to Twitter for targeting users on their timelines and through Twitter's Ad network.
The setup requires work in Permutive and the Twitter Ads platform. It's important to ensure you have access to both before starting.
Setting up Audiences in Twitter
The first step is to Login to your Business Twitter account. Then:
1. Select your Account Icon (Profile and Settings) in the top right corner of the screen and click Twitter Ads
2. Choose the correct Account, then Tools > Audience Manager
3. Click Create New Audience > Make a tag to collect website visitors
4. Create a new tailored audience with a relevant name
Tip: We suggest using the structure : Permutive_[SegmentName]
5. Click Save
6. When saved, you'll receive a Website tag. From this JS tag you'll need to save the audience tag ID highlighted in the red box below (usually beginning with 'o') to set up activations.
Syncing Audiences with Permutive
The next step is to ensure people are added to the Twitter Audiences correctly, matching your Publisher Cohorts.
At this stage, we'll assume you already have your cohorts set up. If this isn't the case, you can learn more about Permutive cohorts here.
To get a cohort into Twitter to use as an Audience you'll need to set up an Activation.
1. Go to the Activations section of the Permutive Dashboard
2. Click + Add Activation.
3. Select 'Twitter' under Action
4. Give the Twitter Activation a name, tag it so it is easier to find and give it a description so your team knows what it is for
5. Enter the audience tag ID (the ID beginning with 'o')
6. Select the cohort you want to target.
7. Set the trigger to 'On Entry'.
It should look like the screenshot below. Then click create.
Note: At the moment we support only one Twitter Activation per cohort.
Using Audiences in Twitter
When you return to the Twitter Ads dashboard, you'll see your Website events tag in the Conversion tracking list.
Now, go over to Tools > Audience Manager. Here you will see the audience related to the tag you just created. As soon as users start populating the audience you can check it's size here.
When creating a campaign, you can find your audience under Tailored Audiences (web) in the Targeting section.
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing email@example.com or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen