In this article
How to set up a DV360 activation
The Google Display & Video 360 (DV360) - formerly DBM - activation allows you to send any of your publisher cohorts directly to DV360, where you can use them for targeting on display campaigns.
- Access to the Permutive dashboard
- A Permutive cohort already set up, that you want to push to DV360
- The DV360 integration configured for your project.
In the Permutive Dashboard:
1. Log in to your project, select ‘Cohort Activations'→ 'Add Activation'
2. Select 'DoubleClick Bid Manager' Action
Set the Variants:
- TTL = Time to live. This specifies the number of days until a user will expire from the list in DV360. The maximum is 540 days. If a number is not selected, the membership length will default to 30 days.
- Entity ID: This gives you the option to override the Entity ID set when first configuring the integration. Setting a different Entity ID allows you to send cohorts over to different DV360 accounts on a per reaction basis. If left blank, the Entity ID initially set in your DV360 integration configuration will be used.
The reaction is set to fire 'Every Time' as Permutive automatically syncs cohorts with Google's user lists. However, the user will only stay in the Google list for as long you set the TTL (max. 540 days), while publisher cohorts retain users forever (providing no time dependency is set in the cohort behaviour).
The chosen cohort will automatically appear in the DV360 UI in under 2 hours.
- You must add a new activation for each cohort you send to DV360
- Your cohort will now be sent to DV360 under the cohort name, along with the cohort's code (listed under the either 'Custom Cohorts or Modeled Cohorts’ page in the Permutive dashboard) and called 'integration code' in the Google UI.
- DV360 does not accept cohort activations with more than 64 characters in the name. If you encounter an error when trying to activate a cohort to DV360, try shortening the cohort activation name.
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing email@example.com or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.