In this article
Understand and use the Segment Overlap report
This report gives you an overview of how each of your segments overlap, allowing you analyse segments with high overlap thus finding out more about your audiences.
How to find the report
- You will find this report in your dashboard under Analytics
Using the report
- Click on the 'filters' list at the top of your page to see your filters and make edits.
- Select your segments from the filter dropdown
- Segment - This is the segment you'd like to find the overlap for against the rest of your audience base, eg. Auto Intenders
- Comparison Segments - These segments are your explore audiences for when you have a specific hypothesis you'd like to investigate. If no comparison segments are selected, the report will return the top 10 results with the highest overlap.
- Set any additional filters e.g. 'DateRange'
Understanding the report
- The aim of the report is to help you find high overlapping segments. Finding unexpected overlap can help inform the building of new, high-performance segments and can also provide key insights into your audiences and their interests.
- Overlaps work in percentages, the higher the percentage, the higher the overlap.
- Hovering over the different bars shows you the the number of uniques in each Comparison Segment.
I am looking to proactively go out and sell an 'auto' segment and I want to understand a bit about my audience. To do this, I filter by my Auto Intenders segment. From my results I can see that
- Auto Intenders overlap highly with my Landlords audience (83%) and are likely to be earning over £40k (88%)