In this article
Understand and use the Segment Index report
This report gives you an idea of how your audiences index against each other.
How to find the report
- You will find this report in your dashboard under Analytics
Using the report
- Click on the 'filters' list at the top of your page to see your filters and make edits.
- Select your segments from the filter dropdown
- Base Segment - This is you baseline average, select a segment that encompasses 'Everyone' or a specific site population
- Segment - This is the test segment you'd like to find out the Index for, eg. Auto Intenders
- Comparison Segments - These segments are your explore audiences for when you have a specific hypothesis you'd like to investigate. If no comparison segments are selected, the report will return the top 10 results with the highest index.
- For the report to work, you must select a Base Segment and a Segment otherwise an error message will return.
- Set any additional filters e.g. 'DateRange'
Understanding the report
- The aim of the report is to find the affinity measurement of likelihood between your Segment and your Comparison Segments, in relation to your average audience (Base Segment).
- An index of 1 indicates that the result exactly matches the baseline average, whereas an index of 2 means the result is twice the average and your selected Segment (eg. Auto Intenders) is twice as likely to be in the Comparison Segments audience
- Hovering over the different bars shows you the the number of uniques in each Comparison Segment. Note: If the Comparison Segment has a low number of uniques it may Index higher with the Segment. To ensure more accurate results, make sure to set a value in the 'Minimum Uniques' filter.
I am looking to proactively go out and sell an 'auto' segment and I want to understand a bit about my audience. To do this, I filter by my Auto Owners segment. From my results I can see that
- Auto Owners are likely to be foodies, being 3.7x more likely to be Cultural Foodies and 3.3x more likely to be Fast Food Fans
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.