In this article
Interest, intent, engagement, demographic and other segments we recommend you use when responding to RFPs
When responding to an RFP with Permutive you have a huge flexibility over the audiences you offer. With Permutive you can build a segment over any time frame - from the last minute to all time. The best way to do this depends hugely on your audience, the advertiser's needs and the campaign itself.
Here we've shared our recommendations on the top audience categories and the best approach for setting up the segments in each category.
These audiences are based on users' engagement with your content.
- Actively engaged with the page
- Regularly visit your site
- Read multiple articles
- Watched videos***
- Shared articles on social media***
These segments are based on the content your users are reading on your site, from details we collect on every pageview. Depending on the pageview data we are collecting for your site this could include:
- Editorial sections, tags, categories
- IBM Watson taxonomies e.g. 'Art and Entertainment'**
- IBM Watson entities e.g. 'iPad'**
- IBM Watson sentiment e.g. Positive**
Tip: We recommend the following approach of having 'core' and a 'premium' interest audiences.
- Core audience: Read at least 3 pieces of relevant content in the last 30 days
- Premium audience: Read at least 1 piece of relevant content in their current session
These segments are based on the signals of intent your users show as they browse around your site. These more advanced segments often overlap with 'Interest' segments. A user can show intent to buy through each of these data points:
- Searching in the search bar for that item***
- Reading related content having been directly referred
- Reading multiple pieces of related content
- Clicking on related affiliate links***
These segments are based on your inferred first-party demographic data, or third-party data from another provider. Demographic data includes
These segments are based on the user's location as they browse your site, which is inferred from their IP address. This includes
- Post Code
These are some additional segments you can provide for targeting
- Internet Service Provider e.g. Sky
- University students (logged on via University wifi)
Campaign Optimisation Segments
These are segments you can use to optimise campaigns
- Target users who've read branded content for the campaign
- Remove users who have already converted on the client's website***
Note: *This segment is available if the data is turned on for your account
**This segment may come at an additional cost
***This segment uses custom data, please let us know if you're interested in collecting this data.
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.