In this article
Use the Tracking Pixel reaction to fire a pixel to other platforms whenever users enter a segment
You can send your user data to other platforms quickly and easily using a pixel. There are many applications for this, including
- Selling data to agencies
- Selling data to third-party data aggregators
- Sharing data with other publishers
What the Pixel Does
- Adds users to the 'receiver platform' audience whenever they are in the Permutive segment.
- Ensures that the pixels fire at most once per user
- Tracks an impression to Permutive
When to use pixels
We can use pixels to send audiences into almost any other platform, including all major
For some of these platforms you can share data directly via one of our existing integrations. Where we don't have an integration with the 'receiver platform' you can set up pixels to achieve the same result.
Create the Pixel
To send your segment to another platform, you will need a pixel, created by the 'receiver platform'.
Depending on the 'receiver platform' you will create the pixel by:
- Liaising directly with your Account Manager
- Logging in to the platform, creating a new audience, setting up a pixel for that audience
The pixel will be a url link, for example, for Krux:
Deploy the Pixel
To deploy the pixel, use the Tracking Pixel reaction from within the Permutive dashboard (you may first need to enable this integration).
To set up the pixel, enter the pixel provided by the 'receiver platform' into the Pixel URL box and select a segment for the pixel to react to.
This is what the pixel should look like when finished:
Note: We recommend that the pixel URL includes a secure prefix (e.g. https://) where possible.
Track the Pixels Fired
Once you have deployed your reaction, you can see a count of all the pixels fired under 'Impressions' on the Reactions page in the Permutive dashboard.
If you need any help using this feature, please contact email@example.com or alternatively, use the LiveChat.