In this article
Use an activation to send Permutive segments to Pubmatic
The Pubmatic activation allows you to send any of your Permutive segments directly to Pubmatic, where you can use them for any of your Pubmatic inventory, under a unique Permutive segment ID
- Access to the Permutive dashboard
- A Permutive segment already set up, that you want to push to Pubmatic
In the Permutive Dashboard:
1. Login to your project, select ‘Activations → Add Activation’
2. Select the ‘Pubmatic’ Action
3. Set up the activation for your segment by targeting your activation to a segment. For more guidance on setting up activations, see this guide.
4. Input a new data provider ID if you'd like to override the ID that has been set up in the original configuration
5. After you've set up an activation, please register the segment in the Pubmatic UI. This can be done by following the steps outlined in this guide. Make sure to include the Permutive segment ID when registering the segment. If segments are not registered, you will not see data on them.
6. You should see the segment begin to populate in Pubmatic shortly.
- You must add a new activation for each segment you send to Pubmatic.
- Your segment will now be sent to Pubmatic under its segment code, which acts as a unique ID for the segment. Each segment’s code is listed under the ‘Segments’ page in the Permutive dashboard.
- You must register every segment in Pubmatic
- This integration is not a bulk upload, so you will see a gradual increase in the number of matched users in Pubmatic.
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing email@example.com or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.