In this article
Understand the Brightcove Player Integration
Permutive has integrated with Brightcove, an online video player. This integration enables the Permutive API to track users when viewing video content.
Events and Properties Collected
Default properties : (default properties = url, domain, user_agent, type, title, referrer)
- video.custom_fields (eg. uploader, cost, source, vertical. This field depends on what your engineers set up to be 'custom_fields')
- watch_count (will normally be 1, unless the same user hits replay on a video)
- play_id (can be used to congregate all events that occurred over a single video view)
Custom properties unique to below events
- VideoEvent (tracks the users events whilst they watch video)\
- event (eg. PressedPause, ResumedPlay)
- VideoPlay (video was played)
- auto_start (whether the video began on its own or the user pressed play. Boolean result eg. true/false)
- VideoProgress (tracks the users progress through video)
- seeked (user has pressed somewhere on the progress bar. Boolean result eg. true/false)
- progress (one of 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 or 1)
In addition to traditional VideoEvents, Brightcove also has the ability to track VideoAd Events (VideoAdEvent, VideoAdPlay, VideoAdProgress). These track the same properties as those above.
If you'd like to integrate with Brightcove or have any questions related to the above, please contact email@example.com or use LiveChat.