In this article
Permutive has partnered with IBM Watson, the world’s leading Artificial Intelligence organisation, to power the world’s most accurate intent-based targeting, in real-time. IBM Watson’s technology determines each user’s intent by classifying the articles they’ve read using state of the art natural language processing.
Through Permutive's partnership with IBM Watson each article is analysed and accurately classified according to the IAB's Advertising taxonomy (this hierarchical taxonomy has twenty-three main topics and hundreds of sub-topics covering the entire advertising spectrum).
IBM Watson allows you to offer superior intent-based targeting powered by these incredibly accurate classifications. From broad topics all the way through to smaller, highly granular topics, you are able to offer relevant, custom audiences.
- IBM Watson is the world's leading Artificial Intelligence organisation.
- IBM Watson's Alchemy Language helps you understand and classify article content. This is achieved through highly advanced technology which applies complex statistics and natural language processing.
- Permutive is partnered with IBM Watson to access this Alchemy Language.
How it works
- Through Permutive's partnership with IBM Watson each of your articles is analysed and accurately classified according to the IAB's Advertising taxonomy (this hierarchical taxonomy has twenty-three main topics and hundreds of sub-topics covering the entire advertising spectrum).
- Each article is classified into its most likely IAB topics and subtopics.
- Permutive uses these classifications to segment users who've read articles on any given topic.
- These segment are highly accurate because they are based upon IBM's Artificial Intelligence technology.
- These segments can be targeted in real-time through Permutive, the world's first real-time DMP.
Using Permutive for Intent-Based Contextual Targeting
Targeting on the IAB Taxonomy
- Targeting a segment of users who've read articles linked to any of the main IAB topics, such as 'Sports';.
- These top levels allow you to offer highly accurate targeting whilst reaching a large portion of your audience.
- Larger audience sizes
- Targeting a segment of users who've read articles linked to any of the IAB's topics, such as 'Sports/ Fishing/ Freshwater fishing'.
- These deeper levels allow you to offer highly granular targeting.
- Smaller audience sizes
If you'd like to enable IBM Watson for your project, please email email@example.com.