In this article
A guide to sending segments to Google Ad Manager
Using Reaction sync and the Google Ad Manager integration
The DoubleClick activation allows you to send any of your Permutive segments directly to Google Ad Manager (formerly DFP), where you can use them for targeting, under the Permutive targeting key.
In addition to using the DoubleClick Activation in the activations section of your dashboard, there is also the option to push a segment to Google Ad Manager in the segment builder.
- Access to the Permutive dashboard
- An idea of the segment you'd like to create OR a segment already created that you'd like to send into Google Ad Manager
Sending Segments Via Segment Builder (Suggested)
To send Segments via the Google Ad Manager Activation Sync within the segment builder, follow these steps:
In the Permutive Dashboard
1. Login to your project, select ‘Segments → Add Segment’
2. Set up the properties for your segment. For more guidance on setting up segments, see this guide.
3. At the end of the segment builder you'll find the Activation sync:
4. Switch it on (so it turns green) and save the segment.
Your segment will now be sent to Google Ad Manager as a targeting key value. The key is ‘Permutive’ and the value is the id of the segment you created.
- You must turn on the Google Ad Manager activation for each new segment you create, to send it to Google Ad Manager.
- The Google Ad Manager activation will automatically be sent in with the name 'segment code → DoubleClick'.
Sending Segments Via Activations
You can also send Segments manually via the Google Ad Manager Activation.
In the Permutive Dashboard:
- Login to your project, select Activations → Add Activation
- Select the DoubleClick Action
- Set up the activation for your segment. For more guidance on setting up activations, see this guide.
- Choose the segment you'd like to activate to
- Choose Every Time as the trigger
- Hit Save
- You must add a new activation for each segment you send to Google Ad Manager.
- Your segment will now be sent to Google Ad Manager as a targeting key value. The key is ‘Permutive’ and the value is the title of the Google Ad Manager segment you choose (recommended to be the segment id).
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.