In this article
A guide to sending cohorts to Google Ad Manager
Using activation sync and the Google Ad Manager integration
The DoubleClick activation allows you to send any of your publisher cohorts directly to Google Ad Manager (formerly DFP), where you can use them for targeting, under the Permutive targeting key.
In addition to using the DoubleClick Activation in the activations section of your dashboard, there is also the option to push a cohort to Google Ad Manager in the cohort builder.
- Access to the Permutive dashboard
- An idea of the cohort you'd like to create OR a cohort already created that you'd like to send into Google Ad Manager
Sending Cohorts Via Cohort Builder (Suggested)
To send cohorts via the Google Ad Manager Activation Sync within the cohort builder, follow these steps:
In the Permutive Dashboard
1. Login to your project, select ‘Custom Cohorts' → 'Add Cohort’
2. Set up the properties for your cohorts. For more guidance on setting up cohorts, see this guide.
3. At the end of the cohort builder you'll find the Activation sync:
4. Switch it on (so it turns green) and save the cohort.
Your cohort will now be sent to Google Ad Manager as a targeting key value. The key is ‘Permutive’ and the value is the id of the cohort you created.
- You must turn on the Google Ad Manager activation for each new cohort you create, to send it to Google Ad Manager.
- The Google Ad Manager activation will automatically be sent in with the name 'cohort code → DoubleClick'.
Sending Cohorts Via Activations
You can also send cohorts manually via the Google Ad Manager Activation.
In the Permutive Dashboard:
- Login to your project, select 'Cohort Activation' → 'Add Activation'
- Select the DoubleClick Action
- Set up the activation for your cohort. For more guidance on setting up activations, see this guide.
- Choose the cohort you'd like to activate to
- Choose 'Every Time' as the trigger
- Hit 'Save'
- You must add a new activation for each cohort you send to Google Ad Manager.
- Your cohort will now be sent to Google Ad Manager as a targeting key value. The key is ‘Permutive’ and the value is the title of the Google Ad Manager cohort you choose (recommended to be the cohort id).
If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing email@example.com or chat to the Customer Operations Team via the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.