In this article
Understand and use the Engagement report
This report gives you an immediate overview of each of your segments, providing headline metrics and making it easy to see their performance over time.
How to find the report
- You will find this report in your dashboard under Analytics
Using the report
- Click on the 'filters' list at the top of your page to see your filters and make edits.
- Select your segment from the filter dropdown 'Segment'.
- Set any additional filters e.g. 'DateRange', 'Aggregation'
Understanding the report
- The aim of the report is to give a quick overview of your segments.
- The top row gives the headline metrics. For more information on each metric, see this article.
- 'Device' gives the percentage of users coming from different platfroms (eg. Mobile, Tablet, Desktop).
- 'Country' shows the geographical distribution of users in the chosen segment.
- 'Average Session Length' gives an overview on the segments average session length
- 'Articles Viewed In Session' gives the number of articles the users in the selected segment have viewed in their session.
I am looking to proactively go out and sell an 'auto' segment and I want to understand a bit about my audience. To do this, I filter by my Auto Intenders segment. From my results I can see that
- Across the segment, there were 45K unique users who had 81.6K pageviews.
- They predominantly accessed my site using a Desktop and over 60% were located in the UK.
- Nearly half of my auto audience spend between 30 seconds to 2 minutes on site.