This report gives you an immediate overview of each of your segments, providing headline metrics and making it easy to see the performance of segments over time.
How to find the report
- You will find this report in your dashboard under Analytics
- If this report isn't enabled for your Analytics and you'd like it to be, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Using the report
- Click on the 'filters' list at the top of your page to see your filters and make edits.
- Select your segments from the filter dropdown 'Segment'. You can select as many segments as you like, by default all segments will be included.
- Set any additional filters e.g. 'DateRange'
Understanding the report
- The aim of the report is to give an overview of your segments.
- The top row gives the headline metrics, aggregated across all your selected segments. For more information on each metric, see this article.
- 'Active Uniques' gives the number of users on-site in each time-frame, for each segment. Top Tip: In the legend on the right-hand side double-click on any segment to see its results
- 'Segment Growth' gives the total size of the segment, counting uniques who have entered the segment and not exited.
I am looking to proactively go out and sell a 'fashion' audience and I want to understand what size of audience I can expect. To do this, I'm going to look at the combined results of 2 segments, related to 'Style & Fashion' and 'Shopping'.
From my results I can see that
- Across both segments over the past 30 days, there were 6.02M unique users who had 39.9M pageviews.
- The 'Style & Fashion' segment is almost twice the size of the 'Shopping' segment, having had a particularly big increase in users in the week of May 8th.