This report gives you an immediate overview of directly served campaigns running in DFP, and what segments performed well.
How to find the report
- If this report is enabled for your Analytics, you will find it in your dashboard under Analytics
- If this report isn't enabled for your Analytics and you'd like it to be, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the report
- Click on the 'filters' list at the top of your page to see your filters and make edits.
- Select your campaigns from the filter drop downs. You can select as many campaign properties as you like. Filters on this report can include a variety of these different options, depending on the type of project you have. These can include:
- Advertiser ID
- Campaign ID
- Creative ID
- Line Item ID
- Slot Ad Unit Path
- Slot Element ID
- Slot Targeting Value
- Clicks Minimum
- Impression Minimum
- Set any additional filters eg. 'DateRange', 'Country', 'Type', 'Aggregation'.
Understanding the report
- The aim of the report is to give an detailed view on what segments performed well in a particular campaign.
- The top metric ('CTR by Segment') gives you a table of your Segments and the number of Impressions, Clicks and CTR x 10,000 they each have.
- The line graph below ('CTR Hourly for Each Segment') illustrates when click occurred over time, so you can spot trends in your campaigns.Top Tip: In the legend on the right-hand side double-click on any segment to see its results.
Example I am looking to report on the success of a particular segment in a campaign and I want to understand how many impressions it served vs how many people clicked on it.
From my results I can see that
- Across the campaign (hidden in this example) over the past day, the 'Young Professionals' segment performed well, serving 25M Impressions, but only gaining 178 Clicks, meaning a CTRx10,000 of 70%.
- However the 'Without Children' segment only had 13M Impressions, but gained 299 Clicks, meaning a CTRx10,000 value of 222%.