The AdWords/DBM reactions allow you to send any of your Permutive segments directly to AdWords or DBM, where you can use them for targeting on display campaigns.
- Access to the Permutive dashboard
- A Permutive segment already set up, that you want to push to AdWords or DBM
- The AdWords/DBM integration configured for your project.
In the Permutive Dashboard:
- Login to your project, select ‘Reactions → Add Reaction’
- Select the ‘AdWords’ or 'DoubleClick Bid Manager' Action
- Set up the reaction for your segment. For more guidance on setting up reactions, see this guide.
Set the Variants:
- TTL = Time to live. This specifies the number of days until a user will expire from the list in AdWords/DBM. The maximum number is 540 days. If a number is not selected, the membership length will default to 30 days.
- Entity ID. This gives you the option to override the Entity ID set when first configuring the integration. Setting a different Entity ID allows you to send segments over to different AdWords/DBM accounts on a per reaction basis. If left blank, the Entity ID initially set in your AdWords/DBM integration configuration will be used.
The reaction is set to fire 'Every Time' as Permutive automatically syncs segments with Google's user lists. However, the user will only stay in the Google list for as long you set the TTL (max. 540 days), while Permutive segments retain users forever providing no time dependency is set in the segment behaviour.
The chosen segment will automatically appear in the AdWords/DBM UI in around 2 hours.
- You must add a new reaction for each segment you send to DBM or AdWords.
- Your segment will now be sent to either of these under the segment name, along with the segment’s code (listed under the ‘Segments’ page in the Permutive dashboard) and called 'integration code' in the Google UI.