Through Permutive’s partnership with Google Ad Manager (formerly DFP), you can offer first-party and third-party behavioural targeting in real-time across all your Google Ad Manager campaigns. Permutive integrates with Google Ad Manager using key-value pairs.
Segments update in <100ms and users are available in Google Ad Manager immediately so users can be targeted from their very first page view.
Setting the DFP Integration
If you don’t already have the Google Ad Manager integration enabled for your project, you’ll need to add it on your Permutive dashboard. At first you need to authenticate Permutive on Google Ad Manager.
In the DFP:
- Add email@example.com as an admin (we need API access to create key-value pairs)
Add a custom role allowing the following:
- View ad units, placements and key-values
- Edit ad units, placements and key-values
- Edit key-values values
- Access to Inventory tab
- Create and view Reports
Get in touch with your Customer Success Manager:
- Let us know that you've added Google Ad Manager - we'll make sure to authenticate Permutive for our firstname.lastname@example.org account.
Now that Permutive has been authenticated for your Google Ad Manager, you can set up the integration in the dashboard.
In the Permutive Dashboard:
- Login to your project, select Settings → Integrations → Add Integration
2. Select DoubleClick
3. Enter your Google Ad Manager network code
The integration will be added in less than 20 minutes. From then, you can send any Permutive segment into Google Ad Manager for targeting.