To ensure your Permutive segments have adequate impressions to flight your campaigns, we recommend you run a future forecast/avails check in Google Ad Manager (formerly DFP).
Note: There is a waiting period of at least 2 weeks from the time you send your Permutive segment to Google Ad Manager, to when you will be able to generate avails.
Create a Google Ad Manager reaction for an 'Everyone' segment in Permutive
You should begin by creating an 'Everyone' segment using the segment builder in the Permutive dashboard. Set the Behaviour to 'Pageview was performed' and click the slider in Reaction syncs section to create a Google Ad Manager reaction. Below is an example of how the segment should appear.
Verify the reaction was created by checking in the Reactions tab. The name will appear as the '[segment code] → DoubleClick'
Check Inventory in DFP for the 'Everyone' segment.
Google will need at least 1-2 weeks from the time you send your Permutive segment to Google Ad Manager to generate avails.
- From the Google Ad Manager homepage select Delivery → Line Items → Check Inventory.
- In the Settings section, set the date range to a future time span.
- In the Ad Targeting section select Key-values on the left hand side.
- Then choose 'permutive' as the key and the segment you'd like to test (in this case 'Everyone') as the value.
- Verify and click 'Check Inventory'.
- The returned Forecast summary will provide an insight into the impressions that could be reached with your chosen segment over the future date range selected.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the LiveChat icon in the bottom right corner.