The Google Display & Video 360 (DV360) - formerly DBM - reaction allows you to send any of your Permutive segments directly to DV360, where you can use them for targeting on display campaigns.
- Access to the Permutive dashboard
- A Permutive segment already set up, that you want to push to DV360
- The DV360 integration configured for your project.
In the Permutive Dashboard:
- Login to your project, select ‘Reactions → Add Reaction’
- Select 'DoubleClick Bid Manager' Action
- Set up the reaction for your segment. For more guidance on setting up reactions, see this guide.
Set the Variants:
- TTL = Time to live. This specifies the number of days until a user will expire from the list in DV360. The maximum is 540 days. If a number is not selected, the membership length will default to 30 days.
- Entity ID. This gives you the option to override the Entity ID set when first configuring the integration. Setting a different Entity ID allows you to send segments over to different DV360 accounts on a per reaction basis. If left blank, the Entity ID initially set in your DV360 integration configuration will be used.
The reaction is set to fire 'Every Time' as Permutive automatically syncs segments with Google's user lists. However, the user will only stay in the Google list for as long you set the TTL (max. 540 days), while Permutive segments retain users forever (providing no time dependency is set in the segment behaviour).
The chosen segment will automatically appear in the DV360 UI in under 2 hours.
- You must add a new reaction for each segment you send to DV360
- Your segment will now be sent to DV360 under the segment name, along with the segment’s code (listed under the ‘Segments’ page in the Permutive dashboard) and called 'integration code' in the Google UI.